Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wilkinson Power Divider EM Simulation in Microwave Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewcam888

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microwave office em simulator

So I have gotten my Wilkinson power divider designed and simulated. Now I want to extract the circuit to an EM simulation using MWO EMSight. The problem is that MWO doesn't recognize my thin film resistor in the EM simulator. Is there a way to get MWO to see the thin film resistor. I don't want to use a different simulator like sonnet.

wilkinson power divider em simulation

The TFR defaults to the NiCr layer. If you are doing an EM Extraction you must go into the Stackup element and create a new impedance definition and material (maybe TaN at 50 ohms/square). You then map the NiCr layer to an EM layer using that material. Note the TFN element has a contact layer on Metal 1 that also must be mapped over to a conductor. You must be very careful to make sure you layout is on-grid and you EM grid matches up. In this example I attached for some reason the EM extraction is shifting the line down 1/2 grid. I'm not sure what's wrong, but you must watch out for this sort of thing.

power divider em simulation

you can create a new material in the enclosure with a resistance of 100 ohms/sq mm and use a 1*1 mm rectangle for the resistance. You will need to add pads for soldering at both ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back