Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wilkinson power divider design using CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fhasan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i am postgraduate student and currently being ask from my lecture to design wilkinson power divider using CST. I am still new with CST environment and if there anybody have toturial or tour guide on using CST it would be appreciate if you guys can post here. The design specification and requirement are as follows:-

Types of power divider : Wilkinson power divider
Number of section: 2
Multisection quarterwave transformer: Binomial
Centre frequency: 2.4GHz
Power division: 3 db

Requirement:
Simulate the circuit using CST for the above power divider in stripline technology. Substrate with Er=3.38 has to be used in the design and the design must be at least 10 db isolation. Appreciate ur advice and time. Thanks

Hi Fhasan,

Since you are new to CST, it is better to go through some CST tutorials first before jumping in to wilkinson design.

I found this excellent CST tutorial for beginners from a Hong Kong uni.**broken link removed**

For the wilkinson design problem, better to go through a little bit about single section wilkinsons from David Pozar's Microwave Engineering book or any other microwave text book.
For multisection designs Microwave101 **broken link removed** will be useful.

Since you are a postgrad student you may need some theories too. for that purpose refer to some papers such as:
[1] E. Wilkinson, “An N-Way Hybrid Power Divider,” Microwave Theory and Techniques, IRE Transactions on, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 116-118, 1960.
[2] L. Parad and R. Moynihan, “Split-Tee Power Divider,” Microwave Theory and Techniques, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 91-95, 1965.
[3] S. Cohn, “A Class of Broadband Three-Port TEM-Mode Hybrids,” Microwave Theory and Techniques, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 110-116, 1968.

hope this will be useful.

regards,
per_lube

Reactions: Fhasan

Fhasan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I searched for [1] E. Wilkinson, “An N-Way Hybrid Power Divider" ,but didn't find link to download.
Please show me if you have.
Thanks very much!

if u have access to IEEE explorer from ur University or company please have a look on

"General Design Equations of N-Way Arbitrary Power Dividers"
Authors: Hee-Ran Ahn, kwyro Lee and Noh-Hoon Myung
Dept. of Electrical Engineering, KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology), Korea"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back