Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wilkinson Power Divider chip resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

raed_microwave

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wilkinson divider

Hi guys,

I have constructed two designs of three way uneven Wilkinson power divider with division ratio of 1:2.5:2.5 in microstrip topology at center frequency of 2.14 GHz, these dividers are needed for designing Doherty amplifier::::I'm alwesy suffering from the shifting of center frequency during the simulating by momentum, e.g. shift to the higher frquency. So I wana to solve this problem....please anyone has any idea about solving this problem inform me, and I wana also to know the reseans of shifting center frequency.

Thanks in advance

**I have attached the layout of design and the simulation results of reflection coefficients **

surface mount wilkinson divider

Hello,

It may be due to lot of factors such as mesh or Dielectric material details...
You attach your DXF file with th Dilectic Layer & frequency details I will check with Sonnet em...

---manju---

power splitter ads schematic

Manjunatha_hv said:
Hello,

It may be due to lot of factors such as mesh or Dielectric material details...
You attach your DXF file with th Dilectic Layer & frequency details I will check with Sonnet em...

---manju---

Thanks manju,
Sorry I cannot attache DXF file, I think you should know that
thanks again for trying to help me

emds wilkinson

If I'm not mistaken, I thought momentum could export your file in gerber, dxf, etc. I've tried it before. Do file>export then on the dropdown menu that says gerber, change that to dxf file then rename it so manju could simulate yours in sonnet. Just let manju know what your substrate is.

wilkinson power diveder

thered said:
If I'm not mistaken, I thought momentum could export your file in gerber, dxf, etc. I've tried it before. Do file>export then on the dropdown menu that says gerber, change that to dxf file then rename it so manju could simulate yours in sonnet. Just let manju know what your substrate is.

Hi thered, I didn't write that momentum could not export DXF file but I worte that I cannot posted this file here with my common. However, the used subsrate has dielectric constant of 2.51 and its height H=0.381mm and the conductor thickness is t=18 um and TanD=0.001. the center frequency 2.14 GHz.

ads wilkinson divider

Hello raed,

It's OK I understand...
But the reason for me to ask this is the structure has discontinuities & sharp edges & I suspect the mesh which is very important factor for this simulations...

Also I observe that their is no indication of resistors...are they included in the simulation (MOMENTUM)? , I think you may be used in the ADS circuit schematic right....

It is difficult to debug this issue...unless couple of em simulation iteration expiriments...
If you feel you can email me at manjunatha_hv@ieee.org

---manju---

wilkinson power divider

Manjunatha_hv said:
Hello raed,

It's OK I understand...
But the reason for me to ask this is the structure has discontinuities & sharp edges & I suspect the mesh which is very important factor for this simulations...

Also I observe that their is no indication of resistors...are they included in the simulation (MOMENTUM)? , I think you may be used in the ADS circuit schematic right....

It is difficult to debug this issue...unless couple of em simulation iteration expiriments...
If you feel you can email me at manjunatha_hv(at)ieee.org

---manju---

Hello, manjunatha

Sorry I forget to mention that I have used SMT resistors 40.7 ohm for unequal divider and 100 ohm for equal divider.
Now I am optimizing this structure using co-simulation by EMDS. Before that, I have considered that the max. Distance between the closed microstrips should be more than 3.81 mm i.e. 10 times height of dielectric to prevent the mutual coupling.
Now we r talking to these things in simulation i.e. it is not real.
My equation is that if I wana to realize this structure. Which is the main factor that will be shifting the center frequency ???

power divider sonnet

kspalla said:
May I ask you to share the ADS design?

Hi Kspalla,

Sorry I can't share the ADS design because all files in computer lab are secured by administrator.
thanks for trying to help me

ads+divider wilkinson

Ok,
Shift of frequency is mainly due to the lambda /4 wave length. In schematic we have single point of contact and based on this simulation will have some resonance freq.
In layout now the resistor has area of contact then the effective length is reduced and cause the frequency shift.
Play with the lengths of the power divider and I am sure that you can get back the desired resonance frequency.

the wilkinson power divider ads circuit

Hi Kspalla,

Thank you very much, for trying to help me and I hope that after realization there will be good results with any shifty frequency

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back