Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wilkinson Divider Current Density

Status
Not open for further replies.

ge

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I simulate a Wilkinson Power Divider current density without the isolation resistors, will I get current density minimums at the locations where the isolation resistors belong? I'm running AWR/Microwave Office.

Tnx,
GE

Where is your feed? If you feed from the common port, the structure is symmetric and there is no current through the resistor anyway.

Reactions: ge

ge

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The feed could be from either direction depending on how the divider/combiner is used. If I feed from the divider ports (not common port), I guess that I will need to excite both divider ports in-phase.

The feed could be from either direction depending on how the divider/combiner is used. If I feed from the divider ports (not common port), I guess that I will need to excite both divider ports in-phase.

Yes, the resistor is only needed for isolation (asymmetric currents).

Yes, the resistor is only needed for isolation (asymmetric currents).

Yes, the resistor is only needed for isolation (asymmetric currents)[/I][/B].....
Not only, The resistor is also needed to provide the matching to Z0 system of the output ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back