Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WiFi/Bluetooth Coexistence Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvargo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am working on a product that has both Bluetooth and WiFi. It has one antenna for Bluetooth, and a separate one for WiFi.

I want to measure how much isolation I have between the 2 antennas, to make sure they can coexist. I also want to compare different antenna architectures. Most coexistence testing I've read about looks at throughput or something similar.

I'm hoping to see how many dB of isolation I get between antennas. Is there a standard way of doing this? I was thinking something as simple as using an RF signal generator to put a signal on one antenna, then measuring the signal on the second antenna.

Is there a better, more standardized way of doing this?

Thanks.

You can use some duplexer/filter/circulator at one antenna to test another antenna. Make sure both two signals transmiting, because this status is different from only exciting one antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back