Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WiFi Access point configuration for lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmwing

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends.
There are 4 buildings in the company.They have wired network to get internet now.They want to change wireless network.They are planning to use 4 wifi access point for 4 building,one for one building.I dont know how to configure wifi access point.if anyone has good tutorials or manuals please upload here.
Also what are the configuration we need to do in the Pcs(windows 7)?

If I understand correctly, the wired LAN will be replace by a wireless LAN using 4 APs, right ? Please provide the model of your APs if you want us to help you.

it doesnt matter model of the AP.i need the configuration of the wifi access point (how to configure with internet modem).configuration is same for all model AP.

How is one AP going to cover a whole building?
And AP model does matter. If you're using some "toy" AP, don't expect it to work all too well when
many users are connected. And how are you handling authentication? (And I don't mean a WEP key
that people will write down and share). How will you know which users are connected to your WLAN,
and if there are people in the company next-door who are also connected to your company network?
I think you need to seek the advice of a network engineer.

How is one AP going to cover a whole building?
And AP model does matter. If you're using some "toy" AP, don't expect it to work all too well when
many users are connected. And how are you handling authentication? (And I don't mean a WEP key
that people will write down and share). How will you know which users are connected to your WLAN,
and if there are people in the company next-door who are also connected to your company network?
I think you need to seek the advice of a network engineer.

I dont say to one AP.4 building 4APs.I asked the question but i dont get the answer.if anyone can, give me good tutorials please.

There is no tutorials to provide a good wireless network. You have to take in consideration a lot of factors such as the expected data rate, the QOS, the environment, the number of users, the area to cover, ... please provide those informations if you want some help

There is no tutorials to provide a good wireless network. You have to take in consideration a lot of factors such as the expected data rate, the QOS, the environment, the number of users, the area to cover, ... please provide those informations if you want some help

what ever you asking those values can be any.i need general wifi access point configuration.how to connect with ADSL connection?

don't you plug the patch cable from the AP into the switch; sorry its wireless and you don't need cables do you?

In order for anyone to help you you need to explain your LAN topology; addressing scheme, and what AP's your going to install!

I think you will require 4 IP's for 4 AP's and accordingly do the networking (bridge / repeater mode, and so on).

Usually each AP comes with a driver and setup instructions which you may follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.