Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Widen width of reset signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

brainwasher85

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, anyone knows how to widen the width of a reset signal in phase/frequency detector in PLL? I tried by adding a capacitor but the value of this cap needs to be very large. Therefore I am looking for alternative way to do it.

Place even number of inverters as a delay element in the reset path of PFD. Then you'll have a long reset delay due to the propagation delays of inverters.

smoked said:
Place even number of inverters as a delay element in the reset path of PFD. Then you'll have a long reset delay due to the propagation delays of inverters.

By adding inverters, it only delay the time of reset signal to appear. I need to increase the width of the reset signal itself. I attached a picture to explain more.

if you are considering to increase the minimum pulse width of the PFD you can still use additional inverter delays, therefor you can avoid dead-zone non-ideality by increasing the reset path delay. what I was mentioning is about minimum pulse width.

current starved inverters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back