Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why we need normalize of our signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjfaisal

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to normalize a signal

hi
if anyone knows thws the concept of normalization, plz explain ....

2) Also tell why we need to normalize our signal/data ( in which condition), and if possible how to normalize my data in MATLAB

regards

Normalization is a basic statistical operation. It's used to scale heterogeneous sets of data, so that they could be compared relevantly. Also normalization facilitates defining thresholds in different threshold algorithms. Finally, the data range decreases and is confined to [0;1] (see 1) ).

Ways of normalization:

1) x_Norm = [x - min(x)] / [max(x) - min(x)];

2) x_norm - [x - mean(x)] / std(x), where mean(x) - the mean value of a dataset, std(x) - its standard deviation.

With respect,

Dmitry

hi,

plz explain me what you wan to say in this sentence.
" It's used to scale heterogeneous sets of data, so that they could be compared relevantly"

please explain me clearly why i should use normalization , for my data ,

q: Is the normalization depand on our data i,e it is linear data or non-linear data , in which case i should use normalization ?

regards

think you havent explained the context clearly, however..

Normalization generally means "making a level playing field". For example, if you are comparing two modulation schemes, you have to normalize the power before you compare their BERs, means you have to ensure that the transmit power is the same for both, or set both to be 1.

It could also mean other things. Say you have a DMT scheme, and you have to send equal power on all carriers, independent of the modulation scheme (for whatever reason). Then when you chose constellation points, you have to ensure that the average power for a 256 (say) point constellation must be the same as that for a 16-point constellation. So you have to normalize the constellations..

There are many other contexts too..
-b

Please;

how to normalize a EMG signal or any signal in LabVIEW

Electromyography(EMG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back