Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why we measure Ignd current, Vout accuracy, load reg and line reg in a LDO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myql

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can somebody tell me what is the importance of getting or measuring the value of Ignd current, Vout accuracy, load reg and line reg measurements? can you give me some artivcle that discusses the functionality and parameter testing of an LDO?

Thanks

About LDO

About the value of Ignd I have no idea (you are not very specific, maybe it's related with the voltage drop between the ldo and the load due to the series resistance of the connection)
Vout accuracy (if I'm not mistaken) is related to the output you get, that is, the ldo may be able to regulate very precisely a voltage but how close is that voltage to the one stated in the datasheet? (Take a look at the definitions of accuracy and precision, I never know very well which one is which myself ^^;; )
Load regulation is related to the load as the name says, this tells how much the output voltage of the ldo changes with the load (if you ask more or less current at the output).
Line regulation tells you how much the output voltage changes when you change the voltage at the input of the ldo (without changing anything on the output side).
I hope this helps a little.

Re: About LDO

Ignd is the undesirable current that flows through the driver transistor under no load condition..It is desirable for calculating the LDO efficiency...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back