Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why use high frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriousTyro

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It just came to my mind but what are the main reasons for using high frequency communication.
The only thing that comes to mind is more bandwidth which I think is probably the main driving point.

However, the distance traveled by a higher frequency signal would be less compared to a lower frequency one.

I'm wondering what are other advantages/disadvantages of using high frequency?

your device size is reduced like high frequency circuit will have small value and size capacitors!!!
similarly small size antenna

there is more space in high frequency domain,so you can get wider bands of signal by high freq,then you can transfer more information than low freq at the same time,for example,you can only talk to others by SW,but you can see others by UHF

And also to get clean signals without various noises. Like:- SW and MW can catch the soung of lightning, sparking etc and transmits to the radio as a noise because the friquency of SW, Lightning, sparking are almost same. But FM has very very high friquency, so it is not affected from such kind of noises!

..thing that comes to mind is more bandwidth....
Agreed.

However, the distance traveled by a higher frequency signal would be less compared to a lower frequency one.
Huh?

....other advantages/disadvantages of using high frequency?
Advantage:
Smaller antenna (as others have mentioned). For similar reasons, it's easier to make more directional antennas.

Disadvantage:
May be limited to line-of-sight. Low frequencies are better at going round obstacles.

in addition to what stated above, energy consumption might be noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back