Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why there are libraries for different supply voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katrin

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
why there are two different libraries for different supply voltage?

can I use 3.3V standard ESD protection for 5V application?

if you want an output or input larges than 3.3 V and the EDS diodes threshold voltage, in this case it won't work, because the ESD diodes clamp it, otherwise no problem.
Anyway: Try that: connect the 3.3 V ESD protection diode to 5V and watch what the simulator says, maybe it is working.

Re: can I use 3.3V standard ESD protection for 5V applicatio

drabos said:
if you want an output or input larges than 3.3 V and the EDS diodes threshold voltage, in this case it won't work, because the ESD diodes clamp it, otherwise no problem.
Anyway: Try that: connect the 3.3 V ESD protection diode to 5V and watch what the simulator says, maybe it is working.

I tested the standard 3.3V ESD protection circuit with 5V, it seems to work. and my input voltage never exceeds 3.3V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back