Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why the op-amp often requires external component matching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackyH

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the application of operational amplifier, it is said that a basic requirement in almost all operational amplifier circuits is component matching external to the amplifier itself.

I am wondering why? and normally which kind of component matching is needed? why couldn't the op-amp itself directly drive a load?

Re: why the op-amp often requires external component matchi

JackyH said:
In the application of operational amplifier, it is said that a basic requirement in almost all operational amplifier circuits is component matching external to the amplifier itself.
The resistors aroud often decide the amplification, and if you find any capacitors around, it might be an active filter or maybe an oscillator.

JackyH said:
why couldn't the op-amp itself directly drive a load?
Since it's often designed to be small in size. Big transistors is more suitable driving a heavy load.

Why cannot the television drive my 18" loudspeakers. Why does it have to be an extra amplifier between?

Why do I need an trailer to my car whenever I want to move my lounge? Why cannot the car itself being adapted so the lounge will fit in?

Those two last question is the same.

An opamp is a very verstile component. What you put arount it decides what function it will have.

JackyH

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back