Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

flat single pole response preferences for the op-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

In my circuit, I have the frequency response shown below, as you can see at the area near to unity gain becoming horizontally flat. However, my phase margin measurement is good and it is 71 deg.

negative.png

this flat region is some hoe I am not comfortable with it because always people talk about single pole LPF response as an ideal case,
I have done the pulse response, the peaking is reasonable as you see below

resp.png

I would like to have your discussion on it

Thank you for your help in advance

Regads

Show your schematics.
The flat region you mentioned is an LHP zero. You can see that by the increase in phase (and gain). If this is a two-stage miller compensated amplifier, it means that your zero is before the second pole. As you mentioned, this will affect your amplifier's settling behavior.

it is folded cascode class AB buffered opamp
I used the negative compensation attempting to increase the circuit gain bandwidth product (GBW), but only the unity gain frequency increase (UGB).

in my circuit I have now GBW = 150 MHz,
and for the UGBW = 250 MHz,

I think the GBW should be the important one right?

the circuit is like this below

compe.png

the reference

You are probably not showing the resistors in series with the output stage miller capacitors (we can only guess). Cadence schematics are more helpful in this case. The whole freq. response will be important for the settling behavior, so if you want a single pole settling, you should have about -20dB/dec slope till you reach the 0dB point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back