Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why only "vdd" can be recognized as powernode when

Status
Not open for further replies.

nige

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, everybody, would you help me?

When I run LVS using Dracula(REV. 4.9.05-2002), I found only "vdd" can be recognized as power-node. If I changed "vdd" to

"vda" or "vddd" in both the CDL netlist and layout gds2, the *.lvs showed the message as follows:

*/W* WARNING: NO POWER ON SCHEMATIC SIDE

/*W WARNING : LIST OF SCHEMATIC PADS HAVE NO LAYOUT CORRESPONDENCE
vddd! 2 O
***TOTAL = 1***
/*W WARNING : LIST OF LAYOUT PADS HAVE NO SCHEMATIC CORRESPONDENCE
vddd 11 P

If I used "vdd", the message is

/*W : SCH. PAD vdd! MATCHED TO LAY. PAD vdd BY PADTYPE
/*W : SCH. PAD vss! MATCHED TO LAY. PAD vss BY PADTYPE

the description command in the lvs command file about the power is following:

POWER-NODE = VC*, Vc*, vC*, vc*
POWER-NODE =VD*, Vd*, vD*, vd*, SAVDD, SAVDD33

I once changed it to "power-node = vda", but vda cann't be recognized as power node either.

the loglvs commands I typed are

loglvs
htv
case
cir netlist.cdl
con cellname
x

Is there any important command I missed? I once used "global" as follows:

global vda:[p]

the results are almost same.

because the circuit I'm working is mix-signal, I must use dual power voltage. And I'm sure the multiple power voltage is feasible in Cadence, there must be something I missed. what's that I missed?

Did anybody meet the problem like this? how can you solve the problem?

thank you.

Hi,

I think if you use Vddd! instead of Vddd, your problem will be solved (but I'm not sure). Put "!" for your power supply name like Vda! or Vddd! or Vdda!

I hope that helps you.

OpAmp

does the rule file define it?

Re: why only "vdd" can be recognized as powernode

OpAmp said:
Hi,

I think if you use Vddd! instead of Vddd, your problem will be solved (but I'm not sure). Put "!" for your power supply name like Vda! or Vddd! or Vdda!

I hope that helps you.

OpAmp

what place do you mean put "!" in? lvs command file or layout? cdl netlist used "vda!"as default. I have used the "vda!" in lvs command file and layout at the same time, but the result is almost the same: no power is found.

thank you all the same

Added after 2 minutes:

sunking said:
does the rule file define it?

the lvs rule file write the command about power like this:

power-node = vda!

In Schematic put the name Vddd! for your power supply pin. Also in Layout put the name Vddd! for the power supply pin (with which you define the power supply net) and also use an input/output pin in both schematic and layout for power supply pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back