why latency in behvioral simulation is different in comparence with post&rout simulat

Status
Not open for further replies.

h.m

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
why latency in behvioral simulation is different in comparence with post&rout simulat

hi, i have a 10 ns clock in my simulation, i get my output after 30 clk, as i expect in behavioral simulation but i get it after 40 clk in post&rout simulation, so what is this difference for?

Re: why latency in behvioral simulation is different in comparence with post&rout sim

hi, i have a 10 ns clock in my simulation, i get my output after 30 clk, as i expect in behavioral simulation but i get it after 40 clk in post&rout simulation, so what is this difference for?
Because post-route models reality and in reality, nothing ever happens instantly. In your behavioral simulation, things happen instantly.

Kevin Jennings

Re: why latency in behvioral simulation is different in comparence with post&rout sim

so i have some wrong output before the right one,it will cause problem in my implementation, because now i have just one input, and it may differ with my input, so when i should get my output from this design? how i should know the max latency, that work with all the inputs?because i think i should know when i should give my next input to the circuit, isn't it?

The real circuit should behave as the behavioral simulation. Do you have access to the complete source code, or do you use IP-blocks with only simulation models?

Reactions: h.m

h.m

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

excuse for asking this question, but what do u mean by source code? do u mean my codes?
no i do not use any cores

excuse for asking this question, but what do u mean by source code? do u mean my codes?
no i do not use any cores

With "source code" I mean the VHDL or Verilog code. I think we must see it to help you.

h.m

so you mean that this differences should not happen?in these simulations?
and i should correct my codes?

so you mean that this differences should not happen?in these simulations?
and i should correct my codes?

The fact you have differences between gate level simulation and function simulation means there is a problem in your code. Without seeing the code, we cannot tell you what the problem is.

h.m

sorry for my late, i attach my source code.

Attachments

• aes-ise.rar
    55.6 MB · Views: 126

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…