Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why is the Standby Current so high? (Altera Cyclone FPGA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountain

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My boss give me a problem that why the Standby Current Icc0 of Altera Cyclone EP1C20F400C6 is so high?

The <Altera Cyclone PowerPlay Early Power Estimator Version 2.0> reported that the Typical Standby Current Icc0 of EP1C20F400C6 is up 12mA. My boss think it too high, but don't know why. Maybe it is because of the leak current.

Can you tell me why the Standby Current Icc0 is so high?
It is better to instruct me the reason (circuit lever).

Thank you for your help!

<Altera Cyclone PowerPlay Early Power Estimator Version 2.0>
https://www.altera.co.jp/support/devices/estimator/cyc-estimator/cyc-power_estimator_download.html :not:

Re: Why is the Standby Current so high? (Altera Cyclone FPGA

To the best of my knowledge, FPGA 's are based on SRAM configuration cells. ANd they leak a bit.

Re: Why is the Standby Current so high? (@ltera Cyclone FPGA

Ice-Tea said:
To the best of my knowledge, FPGA 's are based on SRAM configuration cells. ANd they leak a bit.

Thank you!
But they are based on SRAM, not DRAM. Why is the Standby Current so high? The SRAM in the FPGA needs refreshing?

Why don't you ask Altera or your distributor?
They are the first source of knowledge

Thank you!
It make me know much. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.