Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why do we need to put CAPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

janial

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys,

can you please help me on the following:

1. why do we put caps in our layout?
2. why do we put resistor in our layout?

i'm doing layout but i want to have a deeper knowledge on what i'm doing.

thanks in advance!

- janial

You should ask your schematic designer for accurate reply.
Generally RC can be used for filter, decoupling noise.
And can be used for oscillator.
There is a lot of purposes depending on applications.

Resistors and capacitors (and other components) are the letters that a circuit designer uses to write his/her story. He/she uses them as a writer would use A, B and C.

Reactions: andhov

andhov

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Well from your question I assume you are layout engineer. Therefore I also assume you should have some EE degree and then you should know what those devices are.
In your own interest would be to understand crossection of all the devices you will be drawing. Also try to learn something about matching. It will help you in your job if you decide to keep it and be good at it.
To answer your question - you need them integrated or the final size of your iphone would be about the size of suitcase. Same way you would be able to ask why we integrate transistors. Not all blocks in "purely" digital circuit are digital....
PLLs oscillators, references etc.

hi
its good to learn some thing but before going to question first tell me how much do you know about the electronics are you from thenical side are from nontechnical side the technical person can understood esaily thean non technical person
soory for my poor english spells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back