Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who use UMC 0.25um process before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jing

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This process does not provide the PAD layout? We need to draw the PAD ourselves?

Usually at least a sample pad frame and bond ring are provide by the foundry which you can then modify to met your needs. At the very least they will provide documentation.

I suggest contacting your representative or if this is a class project somebody form CAD support or a grad student. Ask around it’s a fairly old process so I’m sure somebody has tapout something.

The chances of somebody form this forum actually giving you pad frame and bond ring that is compatible with your specific process specs is near to none.

Cheers,

Thank for your suggestions.

we did contact the corresponding party who supply the IC service to us. They don't provide bond ring and pad layout. Anyway, we have found a way to make the pad.

I find another problem regarding to the UMC 0.25u process, that is, I cannot draw the metal slot. Usually in the cadence virtuoso in other processes, we can choose metal hole to draw slots in the case of large area of metals used. But in UMC 0.25u, we cannot find the pattern of metal hole. is there anybody met such a problem before? how to draw the metal slots in this situations? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back