Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

who ever installed synopsys DC 2003.12 for linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swgchlry

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know the process of the installiation? Who can help me?

1. Extract the common.tar and the platform dependent zipped file.
2. Execute the install shell from the extracted files.

The standard method is ./install.now, but depending on your linux you may need to do some changes in install script! What linux version do you are using?

when i run design_vision.the program abnormally terinates.and when i use design_vision_-no_gui and then start gui.the design_vision window appears but fonts are not proper.when i try to open a file the file open window is too long to fit for my computer screen.any solutons to this .by the way iam using 2003.06.

regards
amarnath

cd to /cdrom
ls
./installnow

i cant install DC 2002.05 to my redhat 8?
which version of redhat it will support?
i wanna know all eda tools will run in redhat enterprise edition? im having few tools of old linux version and some tools r for new linux verison.
is it RHED will support both?

aravind said:
i cant install DC 2002.05 to my redhat 8?
which version of redhat it will support?
i wanna know all eda tools will run in redhat enterprise edition? im having few tools of old linux version and some tools r for new linux verison.
is it RHED will support both?

You can try 2003 releases. For newer releases (2004) for SYNOPSYS, the base platform is RHEL 3.0

but i m having older version license.
will it work for DC 2004?

aravind said:
but i m having older version license.
will it work for DC 2004?

You may not be able to use the new features of the newer version. License for old version should be ok, provided that not expired.

what new features?

amarnath said:
when i run design_vision.the program abnormally terinates.and when i use design_vision_-no_gui and then start gui.the design_vision window appears but fonts are not proper.when i try to open a file the file open window is too long to fit for my computer screen.any solutons to this .by the way iam using 2003.06.

regards
amarnath

I have the same problem, this is a library problem if you write ldd program.exe you can find missing library...
;-)
In my installation libqt-0.so missing ... this is cause of abnormal temination...

if you uplaod LD_LIBRARY_PATH with /synopsys/linux/qt/linux-lib you problem go away...

I hope that for one time I have help you... eheheheh

thank you for your help overflow.anyways i did install syn 2004,thanks anyway.

regards
amarnath

Status
Not open for further replies.