Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

who can recommand a SPI interface 10 bit A/D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigdo

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
applications circuit ads7841

Now ,I want to use the TMS3202407 DSP to make a project for sampling some data.But I am not sure the DSP internal
A/D's performance .So I want to use a SPI interface A/D outside( 2407 have a SPI interface). I choose the TLV1504
4 channel 10 bit A/D.I hope somebody can recommand me other
type ,I first use the A/D no experience.

Thank you!

You can try ADS7841, also from TI: 4-ch 12-bit, but it is a relatively slow one.

Thanks VVV:

Can you tell me the chip's advantages ?

I compare two chips,the TLV1504 has fifo,the ADS7841 has a sar.

Actually, both chips are SAR A/Ds. Here is a sketchy comparison.

The TLV1504 is only 10 bits, vs. 12 bits for the ADS7841, for about the same price.
The speed is about the same for both. Of course, you can get the TLV2544 (12 bits), but it's more expensive.

ADS7841 has a simpler command set. On the other hand, wih the TLV1504 you get more features, plus the FIFO, which can come in handy.

SINAD is somewhat better for the ADS7841.

ADS7841 draws somewhat lower current.

The TLV1504 has a built-in reference, while the ADS7841 needs an external one (which costs more money).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back