Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who can I help me about filter design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

longstar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a 4th order Butterworth LPF,so I apply the cascade with two 2th sallen-key filter.We can get the parameters about the FSF and Q of each stage by looking up the Butterworth Filter Table.So I get the parameters: FSF=1.0,Q=0.5412 for 1st stage,FSF=1.0,Q=1.3065 for 2nd stage.Surely,the filter -3dB frequency is 8MHz.Then we can calculate the R and C value by the transform function of sallen-key filter and above parameters.But unfortunely,I can't get the R and C value of the 1st stage.Who can tell me why?And how to do to meet the requirement?
Thanks a lot.
longstar

You can use Filter tools from Nuhertz (free version ftp://ftp.nuhertz.com/filter/FF5_1.exe). After you select filter type i.e active Butterworth 4th order it draws a circuit with with component values.
You can also specify set of component values that you can use...

There is a better filter design software suited for active filters than the free version of Nuhertz (BTW someone here ahve Nuhertz full version?):

Filter Pro from https://www.ti.com, full features and free download

thx,

hi hi,

beside the TI filter pro, u may refer to the analog devices internet based software:

**broken link removed**

i used TI filter pro and the AD "Interactive Design Tools: OpAmps : Active Filter Synthesis" before, both of them having pro and cont...

i suggest that u use both of them, simulate both the results using spice software and select the best...

i hope this may help u..... :D

regards,

hippoo

I think u can go through EECs 247 course frm the berkeley's webcast site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back