Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which type circuit can get a constant current output

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostxu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to get a 50ma coms constant current circuit to charge battery, does anyone have a suggestion to me, which topic papers should i read. thanks .

I think that what you are looking for is a current source or a current mirror. These are active circuits that convey current to a circuit. I would advise looking at any book on transistors. You can build a current mirror BJT's or FETs. These are really low cost circuits. You pretty much just need two transistors, a resistor and your voltage source. The "art of electronics" is a good reference manual for all round electronics. Otherwise, you can use a search engine and look for something like "current mirror circuit diagram".
I think you can charge a battery like this. However, you should also bear in mind that there is something called compliance which means that the voltage of the circuit you are supplying (battery) should not rise above a certain level. This should also be explained in a book on transistors. Hope this helps ... :)

you can use a BAMDGAP cricuit.

If you require very high accuracy for the current, I suggest you generating it by a external resistor and a voltage reference based on band-gap.

Trimming the voltage reference should be better

hi
i think voltage can be important
bye :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back