Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which subject is best ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_books

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to chose any 1 subject from these 3 subjucts (i) Electronics and Communication Engineering , (ii) Computer Science and Engineering , (iii) Electronics and Electrical Engineering.
Can someone help me to select a best subject among these three.

well, it a matter of personal choice!! but...if i were you i would have selected between the first two choices.

well...personal taste indeed
but i would say go for:

ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATIONS:)

salma ali bakr said:
well...personal taste indeed
but i would say go for:

ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATIONS:)

Can u plese say why u go for ECE ?

Electronics and Electrical Engineering

saqib.ee said:
Electronics and Electrical Engineering

Plese tell me the reson for this i.e why u take EEE ?

I would opt for ECE...because
1. Communication is the talk of the town these days and will continue to be so for another 15-20 years...specially wireless communication
2. There is a lot to be explored in this field
And lastly ...its my personal taste :D

because that is what i personally chose in college

u get to know electronics (both analog and digital) and communication theories and systems

i dunno...it was interesting to me
i don't like power systems (anything with high voltages)...so electrical engineering in the sense of power and control isn't my taste

and i am not that much interested in computer science
maybe computer engineering but not science
and electronics in general are closely related to computer engineering

besides, communications is really booming these days

well...that's regarding me...what will u choose???

my_books said:
I have to chose any 1 subject from these 3 subjucts (i) Electronics and Communication Engineering , (ii) Computer Science and Engineering , (iii) Electronics and Electrical Engineering.
Can some help me to select a best subject among these three.

for me, i studies electronics and communication engineering and now i am studying the MSc in communication engineering, in general, the trend of the job market is in the direction of communication engineering. I believe that studying electronics and communications will give you a very good idea about all 3 subjects, electronics , communicatios, and a little in computer, actually, computer hardwere is less in demand, but IT is most wnated especially at the gulf region
trust your own instinct

i believe in electronics and communication as i m doing the same course that's the major cause the others being that plenty of fields open once u become graduate in electronics and communication. u can even apply for aerospace engineering once u completed your electronics and communication. every one knows about ever expanding telecommunication sector in today's world and more over an electronics engineer is 80 percent computer engineer and add as a so u need not be disappointed leaving computers..............plus add pure electronics engineer's scope.......:D:D:D:D

hey man it depends...i believe Computer Science and Engineering....perticularly if ur in b lore.....i did my ec and its bull shit....and its of no use.....but cs in other hand will help u in us placements since 99% of companys coming for campus selection are IT based....wats the use of studying ec(or ece) and later working in IT comp....(big wasted of 4-5 years)....and the syllabus according to vtu(4 ec and ece) i think out dated technology no one uses that

i chose ECE ad it is the winning horse in my countries jobs market and i like it too

i think that this is only your choice but if u asking from us i suggest to choose "Computer Science and Engineering "

As EEE graduate i would say u to take the
ECE subject as an elective because u have more opportunities in the job side aswell as higher education side

Well, it depends on your taste.

If you like to design and develop electronic circuits in low level go for ECE.
But if you are more interested with electrical you better take EEE.
If you want to develop things related to computer try CS.

This is like asking 100 fat guys what is the best tasting food...

I'm a EEE guy. In my opinion, go with EEE until you know more about what you want to do. Communications is a great field, but it might not be great for you. And without being exposed to the other fields, you may not find what you really like.

As for CS, I like writing software....for maybe an hour or two at a time....if you dig it, it's a pretty cool area and I have a lot of respect for the guys who master it.

Status
Not open for further replies.