Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which software do you use to design and implement digital filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramoz

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which software do you use to design and implement digital filters - any kind of filters (Audio, Images, Video, etc)?

I want to do a short survey, so please answer the following:

1- Student/Worker

2- Software tool(s)

3- Hardware target (i.e. MCU DSP, FPGA, etc.)

4- Type of digital filters (FIR/IIR, 1D/2D..., Order, ...)

5- Structure (Direct form, Wave, ...)

6- Applications

7- Comments

Me:
1- Student/Worker
I am a MSc student - major Digital Filters, now I am looking for a job.

2- Software tool(s)
I currently use matlab for transfer function (butter, cheby,...) and implement the filter by myself (C and VHDL)

3- Hardware target (i.e. MCU DSP, FPGA, etc.)
FPGAs - Xilinx

4- Type of digital filters (FIR/IIR, 1D/2D..., Order, ...)
IIR, 1D, 5th order

5- Structure (Direct form, Wave, ...)
Direct form, Wave and LDI / also min. norm

6- Applications
Audio - real time

7- Comments
I am doing this little research to know more about the use of digital filters, what people are doing and to know if there is other S/W tools apart from Matlab which I should know to improve my skills and be able to find a job.

If people response in a satisfactory manner, I promise I will summarize the results and try to keep an updated pdf file. Hopefully somebody else will do the same for other topics, I think this could be a great source for everybody!!!

Last edited:

Hi all.

I checked and 42 already saw the topic, however only one answer. This could be interesting, just put your comments, pretty sure some of you have designed some filters... probably using Matlab like me...

Status
Not open for further replies.