Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which simulator is good for learning to program PIC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The proteus 5.2 gives me problems simulating code generated with picbasic pro 2.4

I agree with you Jum.
I had simulation problems with pr*o*t*eus 5. I tried to simulate a LED display multiplexing but it crashed. I tried to simulate frequency output with speaker, again it crashed. For simple programs, it is OK. But for complex one's, no good.

If you are using PIC with flash ROM or any controller with similar features, it is simple. Instead of simulation, I prefer ICSP - In circuit serial programming, easy to program and much reliable for complex works.

A simple switch can be applied to the circuit to get the PIC in programming environment.
Or, I recommend to build your programmer and/or application with an Texttool socket.

no it was the 1.1 version.
I maked just a led flasher with a pic ,but virtualbreadboard didn't simulated it well

never forget to look at micrchip for help and data ect fill in a cd request you get 2 cd's of help

**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry for the off-topic but i believe lad's mot deserves a translation for non-italian speakers.
Here it comes:

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works;
practice is when everything works but you don't know why.
We reached both goals: nothing works, neither we know why.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: the WasteLander on 2002-03-10 22:57 ]</font>

anyone now where to find proteus5.2 cra*kz?

Ok i know there are loads of student licenced software and being a student thats great but they do limit the prog so any suggestions and what about getting a free version of picbasic & picbasic pro??

i like Pspsice and Proteus

Proteus can simulate a LED flash but it crashes when you simulate it fast with timer interrupt routines such as every 4 ms and do other tasks during that period.

The best simulator is in MPLAB. It supports evry PIC, assembler, picbasic, c.

All others are poor imitation of the original

Regards

virtualbreadboard is not good... proteus perfect..

Does anybody tell me where can download the proteus5.2 ??

thank you

best regards

it's true that proteus is a great software but how can I cr@ck it. I got the 5.2 lite version and I can't simulate

sorry for language

I send emulator very easy
it is in spanish , my language
Part 1

Uploaded file: **broken link removed**

sorry for language

Part 2

sorry for language

Part 3/End

sorry for language

In your language, the best is MPLAB y MPSIM
All others are imitation.

....THanks all...^^

I use MPlab simuator, it isn't perfect but it's good enough for all my requirements.

D.

Any one tried the new VB v2.0 beta.
I installed it but it doesn't at all even after adding the classpath in autoexec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back