Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which simulation tools for post layout (Full chip)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
machta vs adit

Pls. tell me which simulation tools use for full chip post layout (accuracy & speed)?
thanks

i think this tools is useful,including hsim and nanosim for post layout,if the ckts is not large,you maybe also use the hspice.

In our group, Calibre does..

dear friend,

i m too working on layout (full chip) ..i am using mentor tools for my designs. the simulator is Calibre.

i am facing some problem while putting the pads to my design...do you have any idea how to put the pads in the layout??
please mail me at : mondal_biplob123@yahoo.co.in or at bipz@rediffmail.com

I first time hear about Calibre simulator. I thought it is verification tool.

we use HSIM

Pls. tell me which simulation tools use for full chip post layout (accuracy & speed)?
thanks
I use MG soft:
- MachTA is very useful tools for post layout simulation - I recommend highly this!
- ADiT is successor to MachTA
In Synopsys is
- Nanosym
In Cadence is something too...

ASSURA IS BEST FOR EXTRACTION . AND WE CAN DO THE POST SIMULATION FROM THE EXTRACTED VERSION USING ANALOG SIMULATOR.

cadence use ultrasim in the mmsim package for post layout sim

The curiosity is that if the chip is a mixed signal but simulated at the transistor level w/o any models and have some digital but not dominating Spectre is still faster than Hsim. And Spectre can simulate more than 500k analog w/o any memory or repetitive elements where memory exceeding the classical 2G border.

For dominated digital with some analog function on transistor level Hsim is a good choice.

From Cadence, there is Ultrasim and Analog Mixed Signal Designer (AMSD) if you are doing a MS design...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back