Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which simulation software to use??

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_kolkata

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

can anybody please tell me which simulation software is to use for the simulation of a 30MHz - 1300MHz log periodic dipole array with very good accuracy.

should i use Ansoft HFSS or some other tool.What simulation tool will give me fairly accurate result for such an antenna.

eagerly waiting for ur replies.

with regards
abhi

I assume you are doing an antenna the will be built out of aluminum tubing or some such. In this case I strongly recommend that you do not use any of the typical microwave EM tools for this problem. They are expensive (my company sells two of them) and probably way over kill for your problem. There are a number of versions of NEC (Numerical Electromagnetics Code) that are designed for exactly this sort of thing. Prices range from absolutely free to a few hundred dollars. A google search should easily turn up half a dozen NEC antenna.

hi Rautio,

Should i use Ansoft HFSS or zeland's IE3D or CST's MWS (they r available with me) or some other tool (NEC/superNEC - not available with me-& i don't know whether the free version will work for my structure).What simulation tool will give me fairly accurate result for such an antenna?? plz give ur opinions.and possibly any useful link!!!

eagerly waiting for ur replies.

with regards
abhi

The fastest simulator for wire antennas is NEC.....I suggest you try EZNEC, If your antenna has less then 20 wires you can simulate it with the demo version. But on the other hand if you want to simulate in the 30 MHz - 1300 MHz your simulation could take a lot of time with NEC since its a Frecuency domain method (yo have to run the simulation for each frecuency you need). So your second option should be a Time domain method (one simulation gives you all the frecuencies) like CST's transient solver. So my advice is to try out NEC and in case it takes to long or not enough wires then use CST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back