Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which register should I use for SPI in P89v51rd2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram Prasadh

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Working with SPI in PIC uses the SSPBUF(Synchronous serial Port Buffer register) which is used for the SPI transfer. Is the SBUF register in the p89v51rd2, which is used for the Serial communication,also used for the SPI transfer in P89v51rd2? I dont find any particular register used solely for the SPI transfer in P89v51rd2 as there is in PIC. I have set all the settings like the MOSI, MISO, SCK,SPCR register etc , but just wanted to know which register I have to use for the transfer of the data through SPI (like the SSPBUF in PIC).

From going thru the datasheet of the ic that you have mentioned, it seems that 'SPDR - SPI Data Register' is used for the purpose.. the address for the SPDR is 86H and it is not bit addressable... hope this info helps...

you can use any Port pins for spi purpose!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.