Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which PCB tool will be the best choice to beginner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitcat

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb for beginner

protel ,powerPCB or orcad? or others?
i have to draw schematic and layout a test board of high speed DAC by myself.help me ,pls.

pcb beginner schematics

bitcat said:
P*otel ,powerPCB or orcad? or others?
i have to draw schematic and layout a test board of high speed DAC by myself.help me ,pls.

I think Protel and Eagle Layout Editor is best choice beginner.

lnd54321

beginner pcb

if it is for home use , then u can use protel or layout, u can also check PCB123 its free. for a professional use, u should cadence tools including orcad

eagle for beginners pcb

For beginner Protel is better...but for have an expertise and industrial purpose Orcad is still in use... the software doesn't matter at all

Bcoz all software works on almost same principle and user friendly atmosphere

beginner layout a pcb

Hi,

For a beginner i suggest you to go for PADS software,for its user friendly,eventually once you become master gradually u can also upgrade to the versions available,rather then goin for eagle,protel etc..

Always think for an software which has state of art features to the technology happening now.hope this will help you.

Regards

Ramesh

which orcad best for begininger

Hi all,
If it does not involve high speed circuitry or critical routing path then Protel is good enough.
I used Protel99SE all the way for designing PCB up to 6 layers involvimg SMD parts with no problem.

ProtelUser

go-4 power pcb

i agreed with dindeds.

If ur board is not critical protel is gud enough.
But when ur board involve high frequency signals,it gets very difficult to design and do the analysis in Protel.
Now a days we are seeing that most of the circuits becoming more and more complex.So,u need to choose any professional software which can solve ur all purposes.
I recommend for Zuken cadstar due to it is having powerful algorithm for designing high speed boards.

Cheers!!

tutorial in the philippines mentor graphics pcb

you can use Orcad as a start then you can use Allegro

orcad for beginner

to me eagle or sprint layout

Added after 58 seconds:

or proteus

diptrace edwinxp

HI,
Actually, follows my experience. You should starting by Orcad Capture for schematic and Pads for layout. In almost cases (not high end and complex structures), this combine can do anything.

After that, you can move to Cadence Allegro and Mentor Expedition WG for the high end designs. with me Allegro and Expedition are also the chalenges in schematic field. it's really difficult to understand the structure to draw schematic, hence Orcad schematic is wondefull to me :D.

For Layout, Allegro and expedition is beautiful and powerfull, but try to manage the schematic, it's rather difficult to package, checking error and export netlist.

About analysis then Spectraquest of Cadence, ICX of Expedition is very powerfull. and HyperLynx of Pads is good alternative. but I also not using these one and the training documents for using simulation is huge chalenges.

Have a nice day,
Concat

pcbtool

The Orcad schematic can be opened or not in the Allegro?

how to design a pcb for beginner

For a beginner i suggest you to go for PCAD then you can use Cadence(Allegro) for high speed designs

which pcb tools is best

Does cadence orcad or Alegro easy to learn?
concat said:
HI,
Actually, follows my experience. You should starting by Orcad Capture for schematic and Pads for layout. In almost cases (not high end and complex structures), this combine can do anything.

After that, you can move to Cadence Allegro and Mentor Expedition WG for the high end designs. with me Allegro and Expedition are also the chalenges in schematic field. it's really difficult to understand the structure to draw schematic, hence Orcad schematic is wondefull to me :D.

For Layout, Allegro and expedition is beautiful and powerfull, but try to manage the schematic, it's rather difficult to package, checking error and export netlist.

About analysis then Spectraquest of Cadence, ICX of Expedition is very powerfull. and HyperLynx of Pads is good alternative. but I also not using these one and the training documents for using simulation is huge chalenges.

Have a nice day,
Concat

protel 99 se beginner

Best for begineers are

Either Orcad or Electronic Workbench Packages.

pcbtool used in industries

Rame said:
Hi,

For a beginner i suggest you to go for PADS software,for its user friendly,eventually once you become master gradually u can also upgrade to the versions available,rather then goin for eagle,P*otel etc..

Always think for an software which has state of art features to the technology happening now.hope this will help you.

Regards

Ramesh

Ramesh, I know you like Pads but suggesting this twisted, huge and unpleasant CAD as "user friendly" is too much...:cry:
For a beginner, Eagle is 1000 times easiest than Pads. A beginner does not need more than 2 (maybe 4 layers).

expedtion export to icx

I suggest Diptrace Free, see my PCB design? it is done with Diptrace, and it is friendly for beginners and enthusiasts alike... You gotta try it yourself!

(Hey! I dont advertise it)

schematic pads alternative

Orcad is you best choice! It is wildly used in industry and you can get many sample schematices. Many chip manufacturers provide orcad lib...
In short, easy learning, simply using, wildly suportted ...

I think Mentor Pads (Power PCB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back