Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which one is the best: VB.NET , C++, C# or Java ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isuranja

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the best one

Hi,
Can anyone explain what is the best of followings,
VB.NET , C++, C# and Java. And why?

Regards,
I Suranja

What is the best one

each has its own advantages and trade-offs.. up to what you want..

What is the best one

hi,
VB.NET : good for rapid development and using the .NET framework i,e building .NET framwork applications.

C++ : fast code and object oriented language, good for writing large applications.

C# : .NET developement (microsofts mimic of java)

Java : network and web service related software.

Re: What is the best one

Its virtually impossible to compare one with the other.. Ecah of them have their own advantages and tradeoffs....

If there was a simple best among them, then the rest would be outdated by now.

As said earlier none can be compared to other
each has its own unique advantage
C++ is good for system programing
C# and Java for web appication
Vb.net is good for rapid aplication development for web as well

It looks like you are new to all
if you want to learn programing I suggest C++ as base

good luck

Added after 23 seconds:

As said earlier none can be compared to other
each has its own unique advantage
C++ is good for system programing
C# and Java for web appication
Vb.net is good for rapid aplication development for web as well

It looks like you are new to all
if you want to learn programing I suggest C++ as base

good luck

they are not meant to be compared to each other. but i always think C is the most important language.

What is the best one

for a newbie this order is good to follow if one is really interested to learn a lot of programming:
C->C++->Java->C#(in .NET) (or)
C->C++->VB.NET
Well by the time one knows C++ he ll be a lot familiar with a lot of programming challenges.Learning Java helps a lot with C# and if u dont hate microsoft you are going to love .NET a lot.VB.NET is also OOPs based so i suggest to practise such OOPs concepts in c++ first.The problem with C++/C is that they are a lot compiler depandant.So one need to take care of such issues too.
Kareja

i feel c is best for system programming where we need to communicate between language and OS

c++ is good to start, if u perfect this, the rest of the languages r easy to learn.

As i feel after learning c++ it is easy to learn all object oriented languages but not c so as per me it is better to learn c first

In my view as far as the learning of these computer languages is concerened, the procedural approach helps any amateur programmer better than any other style of programming. Conclusively Simple C language is the best to start with.

Furher for OOP (Object Oriented Programming) it is recommended to begin with Java instead of C++ mainly b/c of two reasons.

Firstly the syntax is almost same as C. So it is easy to get shifted from C to Java.
Secondly Java gives the understanding of Object Oriented Approach in such an exceptional manner that one always feels easy to take over C++ or C# any time with a much lesser effort.

As far as the application areas are concerned I agree with the opinions already given here.

Best of Luck!

What is the best one

In my point of view we should split the compare in two areas: performance and “programming level”
- Performance: We have two major strategies to run an application in a OS: run a OS specific machine code, or run thought an interpreter that are in the middle of the OS and the program, of course the first one is much more performant than the second one. (for the listed languages) Java its an interpreted code (previously compiled in an pseudo code (.class)) by the JRE, so it “slowly” language, C/C++ compiled on machine code are very fast, and the MS.NET Framework are a mix of that: the program (in any available language: c#, vb,c++) is compiled in an intermediary language (IL assembler) and on the first run, the Framework compiles it to the available OS machine code (the first time a .net program runs it takes more time) analyzing the available resources.

- Programming Level: Of course we can’t only look for the performance side, if yes we will make all the programs in assembler! Depending on the target application and the programmer experience a different language should be used. For simple programs maybe we can use C (no time as taken to create classes), for more complex but even performant programs maybe we can use C++ (compiled for a specific OS), for OS independent ion maybe we can use .NET (with MONO we can already run it on UNIX’s (but with some limitations)), for completely OS independency but less performance maybe Java, …..

What is the best one

java is best for programmer to design web and networking area. if u study java u can acceive good knowledge in web technolgy and networking area.

What is the best one

What about Python ?

What is the best one

In my opinion C++

Between VB.NET , C++, C# and Java I would say Java is best because it has best platform independence. You can write the code once, then run it on Windows, Linux, whatever. Learning the language is pretty clear and conceptual- you don't have to waste time memorize lots of little quirks.

-Many people don't like .net because for the program to run, the end user has to install the Microsoft dotnet framework, which permanently modifies your operating system and can cause subtle conflicts with other programs. Also, the programs tend to be very big and slow, and use alot of memory. The positive side is that it is very easy to make an interface. The negative side is that it is easy to get caught up in the interface, and forget that the program code is what does the work, not the interface.

-C# is supposed to hold great promise but most schools still teach mostly C, C++, Java and Visual Basic. That means when you are learning, there are more people out there who can help you, compared to C#.

-C++ is convenient, but there are too many versions of the language and the compilers. If you try to switch compilers you waste alot of time learning the differences. The positive side is that there are several free compilers you can download. Same thing of course for C.

WaterTree said:
Between VB.NET , C++, C# and Java I would say Java is best because it has best platform independence. You can write the code once, then run it on Windows, Linux, whatever. Learning the language is pretty clear and conceptual- you don't have to waste time memorize lots of little quirks.

-Many people don't like .net because for the program to run, the end user has to install the Microsoft dotnet framework, which permanently modifies your operating system and can cause subtle conflicts with other programs. Also, the programs tend to be very big and slow, and use alot of memory. The positive side is that it is very easy to make an interface. The negative side is that it is easy to get caught up in the interface, and forget that the program code is what does the work, not the interface.

-C# is supposed to hold great promise but most schools still teach mostly C, C++, Java and Visual Basic. That means when you are learning, there are more people out there who can help you, compared to C#.

-C++ is convenient, but there are too many versions of the language and the compilers. If you try to switch compilers you waste alot of time learning the differences. The positive side is that there are several free compilers you can download. Same thing of course for C.

Only a note: java is plataform independent... but similarlly to the need of the framework for .net programs, to run Java programs you need the Java Virtual Machine installe don the target machine.

HH

NeuralC

VB is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back