Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WHICH ONE IS BETTER RENESAS OR PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

roykyn

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I FEEL RENESAS IS THE BEST .....ACCORDING TO COST AND PERFORMANCE....CHECK OUT THE R8C TINY /13 MICROCONTROLLER...16 BIT...16K OF MEMOFY FLASH...I GOT IT FOR LESS THAN 2 $ NO PIC CAN MATCH TAT....

roykyn said:
I FEEL RENESAS IS THE BEST .....ACCORDING TO COST AND PERFORMANCE....CHECK OUT THE R8C TINY /13 MICROCONTROLLER...16 BIT...16K OF MEMOFY FLASH...I GOT IT FOR LESS THAN 2 $ NO PIC CAN MATCH TAT....
Nothing is the best ! It belong to you applications, your habbit, tools, . . .

right...... but there is some thing called benchmark.......

Do not forget RENESAS is trying to steal market schare from microchip and that is why the chips are low priced. once you have stepped over they will increase in some years time :).. Seen it happening with Microchip too !!..

And Microchip is offering the dsPIC30 series they beat your RENESAS chip and are also 2US !!.

Paul.

it all depends on you application requirement

In my opinion both are same in fact in India i felt to purchase PIC is more preferred to RENASAS. If we have to purchase an EMULATOR from RENASAS they would like to ASK the whole project idea and design follow up. Thereby STEALING the concepts thats why they will go for less prices.

We cannot afford to loose our concepts for free hardly 0.5$ rise/fall in the price.

If speaking with respect to performances are same.

THE REASON THEY WOULD SAY FOR AQUIRING PROJECT DETAILS IN BANGALORE(INDIA) YOU HAVE TO GIVE SINCE YOU ARE USING RENESAS CONTROLLER AS IF THEY GIVE RENESAS FREE OF COST.

where as with MICROCHIP, TI etc this is not the case.

This is all TRADEOFF topics.

IF YOU AFFORD TO LOOSE YOUR IDEA GO FOR " RENESAS".

IF you dont mind loosing little price go for "PIC".

PIC SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE VAST in the internet where as RENESAS quite reserved support.

Status
Not open for further replies.