[SOLVED] which microcontroller do i use fo supporting i2c protocol and supplying 4 pwm outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Din0

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am confused about which micro-controller do i use for my project which requires a micro-controller which supports I2C protocol and can provide 4 pwm outputs.I am not sure if which mc to choose :atmega32 ,pic, or the basic 8051.
I have a development board of atmega 32 available so i hope atmega 32 can suffice the requirements i need. Pls do help me choose the right microcontroller .

You should be able to use ATMEGA32. Here are the peripheral features (from the datasheet):

Notice the TWI (Two Wire Interface) which is the peripheral module for I2C. Also notice that it has 4 PWM modules.

To check the peripheral features of any microcontroller, check the device datasheet.

ATMEGA32: http://www.atmel.com/devices/atmega32.aspx
www.atmel.com/Images/doc2503.pdf

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Reactions: Din0

Din0

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you will be able to do with almost ANY microcontroler an i2c communication and 4 pwm with the software.
some controllers have an hardware implementation of these, but with software you can use I think ANY controller in the market that has 5 pins or more ...

Edit : not 5 pins but 5 I/O pins ...sorry

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.