Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] which microcontroller do i use fo supporting i2c protocol and supplying 4 pwm outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Din0

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am confused about which micro-controller do i use for my project which requires a micro-controller which supports I2C protocol and can provide 4 pwm outputs.I am not sure if which mc to choose :atmega32 ,pic, or the basic 8051.
I have a development board of atmega 32 available so i hope atmega 32 can suffice the requirements i need. Pls do help me choose the right microcontroller .

You should be able to use ATMEGA32. Here are the peripheral features (from the datasheet):

4801060200_1359562126.png

Notice the TWI (Two Wire Interface) which is the peripheral module for I2C. Also notice that it has 4 PWM modules.

To check the peripheral features of any microcontroller, check the device datasheet.

ATMEGA32: http://www.atmel.com/devices/atmega32.aspx
www.atmel.com/Images/doc2503.pdf

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Reactions: Din0

Din0

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you will be able to do with almost ANY microcontroler an i2c communication and 4 pwm with the software.
some controllers have an hardware implementation of these, but with software you can use I think ANY controller in the market that has 5 pins or more ...

Edit : not 5 pins but 5 I/O pins ...sorry

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.