Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which MCU is best for making a general purpose inverter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason-dong

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dead time compensation for microchip dspic

Low cost, high performance, high reliability, Space Vecter PWM output.

Re: Which MCU is best for making a general purpose inverter

For a low end inverter you could use Fujitsu's Microcontroller which has 8 channel 10 Bit ADC, PWM outputs and 16K flash. the part number for this is MB89F202 and the software i.e Softune comes free downloadable with in built C- compiler.

For implementing space vector methodology you need to look into other controller of Fujitsu which has inbuilt deadtime adjustment and also which could generate the required 6 PWMs output.

You could look at www.fmal.fujitsu.com for more information or write to me.

Thanks. How about Motorola, ADI, TI, Intel, Infineon ?

sexytech said:
For a low end inverter you could use Fujitsu's Microcontroller which has 8 channel 10 Bit ADC, PWM outputs and 16K flash. the part number for this is MB89F202 and the software i.e Softune comes free downloadable with in built C- compiler.

For implementing space vector methodology you need to look into other controller of Fujitsu which has inbuilt deadtime adjustment and also which could generate the required 6 PWMs output.

You could look at www.fmal.fujitsu.com for more information or write to me.

I think Dspic with microchip or cypress

Hi

Use DSP56F8xxx from freescale it's a Power orinted device low cost 2.5$@1K

thay also have several power application and ref design + code for using this chip

as power controller ,inverter ,PWM,Power factor corrector etc

All the best

Bobi

Hai,

You Can try with PIC. It will be economical.
We used PIC16f72. And I have some other Invertors have them.

Regards.
Gopi

Hi all,

Thanks for your information.

My target specification should be: SVPWM, 1k~20k carrier frequecy, 0~400Hz output frequency, dead-time compensation algorithm.

Anybody has such kind of project experience?

Regards,
Jason

Hi,
There're many choices. One of them can be C2000 DSPs family from Texas Instrument. They have some application notes like your project. Go to www.ti.com to get more info.
Goodluck,
Kieennx.

Status
Not open for further replies.