Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which linux platform are you using

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnapolean

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Just wondered if you can share which linux is better for loading Cadence. RHEL might be the best but it is not free. I'm thinking of CentOS or openSUSE. Have anyone tried it on openSUSE 11 yet?

For EDA we use RHEL and SLED.

Thanks. I guess for server we can use CentOS or Scientific Linux. what about desktop, still stick with those two? Or using SUSE Linux Desktop instead?

for eda, best use RHEL 3/4. if not for eda, may use fedora

i use mandrake . i think its better than any other versions.

If any of you are sucessful in running EDA tools in platform other than RHEL, please let me know.

if you plan to run an EDA tool and would like a stable tool, go for rhel 4 or 3. even if you manage to install the tool in latest versions and other ditributions, you'll eventually face problems. if you are a pro, may be not an issue ;-)
i myself tried so many and switched to rhel 4 later.

I use Debian Etch for IC5141 and ADS2008, it works great, I did not have problems on install EDA tools and design kits. I think Debian is a good choice.

Now I am using RHEL 4.6 and it is very good!

edacw1 said:
Now I am using RHEL 4.6 and it is very good!

Had you contacted RedHat support? If so can you share your experience with us?

i too use Ubuntu x64, for my work and its good. but one problem is ther xilinx ise does not install in this system.

arnab/vu2bpw

CentOS 4.5 ... it works for me :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.