Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Linux is the best for installing in home pc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Linux for home pc?

If you are new to linux then I suggest that get used to it before you go for Dual boot

win2K and Fedora is a good combination

Regards

Deven

Linux with 2.4 cores, like RH7-8, FC1, etc. does not support the newest Intel chipsets, SATA, and some other newer hardware. Take this into account if you bought your PC just recently.
Then FC2 or 3 is the right choice.

i never looked back from suse 8,, now i'm running suse 9 and have no intention of changing,, fedora is quite good too,,, but for a "home pc" i'd say suse for ease of use,,

Linux for home pc?

I suggest using debian linux. It's stable and fast.

The most desirable feature is that it's very easy to install and update software using the apt packaging system.

You will like it.

Linux for home pc?

i prefer CD versions of Linux, because usually I use Windows. Linux is just a seldom option for me. For such task you can try Knoppix.

i advise you to install RHEL 3.0!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.