Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which language is better for doing graphics: Java or Opengl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_seeker

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I have to do a graphics project , and i'm asked to do it using either java or opengl programming languages..and i don't know what to choose !!!

i'm not expert in java and i have never used opengl before

so i need your help to tell me which programming language is better to do graphics with..since you know better than i do

thanks alot

Re: Java or Opengl ???

i dont know about opengl but java is very much easy and suitable for your graphics project. what is ur project??if u use java i can help u!!:D

Java or Opengl ???

OpenGL is a C library, and a pretty complicated one. I don't think it is class based for C++ yet. Someone may have written a class interface for it for C++, I think soemone has written a wrapper for .NET and there might be one for Java, but I'm not positive. The Java 3D class is probably written on top of OpenGL and would have a much easier learning curve than going down a level and writing code in C or C++ with OpenGL. It's just a project, not the latest killer game written in super-hi res and high fps, so don't kill yourself, do it in Java with their 3D and 2D classes. In fact, the built in Graphics class might be all you need, and it's real easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back