Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is the most difficult part in design a PA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what type of PA?

feedforward double loop PAs are well-known and popular, but still hard to tune and get it right the first time..

digital predistortion is not easy also, since it is relatively new method..

In short, linearizing a PA is hard..

or maybe you meant just circuit level, like matching ...etc. that is relatively not that hard, just spend a couple of days twieeking ...etc.

I am not sure did I understand you correctly, or if I answered your question...

Cheers...

I think linearization is an important part of designing a PA. Generally speaking, linearizing method includes predistortion,negative feedback,feedforward. And predistortion can be designed at RF ciucuit and baseband stage. which one is more effective and easy to design?

Most effective: double loop feedforward PA, no doubt :)
It is very expensive, but very wideband, a lot of linearization (you can get >25dB correction easily) and well cosumented so should not be that hard to design (though you need a relatively big team and a lot of resources)...

Cheers...

"well cosumented"

I meant----> well documented

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back