Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is the best commercial verilog simulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankta

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:?:

Hi, Is there anybody know which is the best commercial verilog simulator?Are there any benchmarks about the verilog simulator?I was asked to evalute and finally select a verilog simulator by my manager.Any suggestion will really be apreciated.

in term of rtl simulation, both vcs and ncverilog would be on par but comes to gate level, ncverilog would have a slight edge over vcs.

NC-Verilog! Much faster than Verilog-XL.

for my opinion:
Accuracy - Verilog-XL
Speed - NC-verilog, VCS

frankta said:
:?:

Hi, Is there anybody know which is the best commercial verilog simulator?Are there any benchmarks about the verilog simulator?I was asked to evalute and finally select a verilog simulator by my manager.Any suggestion will really be apreciated.

What synthesis tool do you use? It's depending on what else tools you used. But I advice Syn0psys's VCS.

:) Cadence Verilog-XL suits to the initial phase of the HDL coding. Because it provides lots of meaningful messages while running the simulation. (And Verilog-XL is a interpreter, it is easy to use.)

Cadence NC-sim or Synopsys VCS both claim their performance at compilation/simulation run time and memory usage. They do compilation and then you can run the simulation. So it will save time during the regression tests.

Last week (Sep 6), Synopsys has acquired Co-Design Automation, the one who donates the Superlog language(and now called SystemVerilog; you can take it as Verilog++).
So maybe Synopsys will advance a lot in the following months ! :eek:

ps:
If you like to do your simulation at higher lever (I mean higher than current Verilog behavioral structure), then I think you would gain a lot from SystemVerilog.

Fintronic (FinSim) is the fastest, and maybe the best one.
But it is VERY user-unfriendly.

I have some experence in VerilogXL,NCverilog , Modelsim

The NC-Verilog is the faster Simulator 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back