Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which DSP Processor to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

incomplete_jerin

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I am confused in selecting which processor to use in an image processing application.The application is mainly based for implimentation in projects.The project we are stuck is eye movement controlled wheel chair for disabled.We need the processor for sensing the eye movements.
Waiting for your reply.
Thanx in advance.
Regards,
Jerin. :)

Re: Which DSP Processor to use?????????????

U are using a image application which monitors the environment and also controls. So u should go for floating point processor.
Again image processing should have processing capability with more than 10 tasks running parallel, so u should prefer to have multicore processor.
I would suggest u could use the ARM based cortex processor for your application

Re: Which DSP Processor to use?????????????

Ya. Thanx a lot. Can u suggest me some more processors so that i can find an alternate one if this ARM Cortex is not available?
Regards,
Jerin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.