Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which ARM family to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

outroot

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking to get into ARM development and wondering which ARM family to start with. ARM7, ARM9, ARM Cortex?

Is there a benefit to getting a development board with the ARM7? For example, are there more code examples for it since it's older?

Any thoughts would be appreciative. If you're wondering what I'll use it for, it'll be for a variety of things. From simple room/house control to hooking up color LCDs and communicating wirelessly.

check stellaris micro.
now texas instruments,

**broken link removed**

hope helps,
//a

I will advice u to go for ARM7 in the begin with.. u cant simply say its old... still its having a good demand in the market..!!!

you can get arm7 board in as low as Rs 2k/-.. from ble chip techologies.. bangalore..

outroot

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you goofy. Yea, there were a lot of good boards that I saw for the ARM7 which is why I asked.

ARM Cortex is a replacement for ARM7,Cortex is new technology based on mature ARM.

I suggest you start with NXP LPC1100,LPC1300,LPC1700 series,these are very good in price and performance.

For compiler use Keil.

For RTOS use keil RTL

Status
Not open for further replies.