Not open for further replies.

SuperUser

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!
I'm trying to decide which compiler for ARM microcontrollers to choose for my next project. I haven't work with ARM's so far. I will use LPC2366 which is based on 32-bit ARM7TDMI-S CPU. I asked Google and he told me that Keil and IAR compilers are favourites. Could someone recommend me which compiler to choose?

If you ever used IAR PIC , Try to use IAR ARM ! IT will be Easier for you!
Keil is also a good choose!

SuperUser

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks Cortex!
I found some ARM compilers benchmarks. It seems that Keil and IAR achieve similar results of code size and speed optimizations.
I have worked with IAR for Renesas H8 microcontrollers and it would be easier for me to use IAR for ARM's. But I saw that Keil has RTOS included in the package and they have libraries for TCP/IP and file systems.
What do you think, what is better, to use Keil with its RTOS and TCP/IP or to use IAR with third-party RTOS & TCP/IP stack (for example uCOS-II + lwIP)?

ashad,
i think same you Keil is good and admire popular.

Hi, super user!

The answer is no so simple. There is many conditions, which must be consider before choose:
- your budjet If you have ability to obtain Keil - it's a best compiler just because Keil is an ARM company and uses ARM compiler
- debuging tools - there is a wide possibilities, from $5 to $2000 and differences between tools is same.
- you need legal or cracked development?
- your experience

If you try to answer to this questios may be I will tri to answer to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…