Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which ARM Compiler to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperUser

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!
I'm trying to decide which compiler for ARM microcontrollers to choose for my next project. I haven't work with ARM's so far. I will use LPC2366 which is based on 32-bit ARM7TDMI-S CPU. I asked Google and he told me that Keil and IAR compilers are favourites. Could someone recommend me which compiler to choose?

If you ever used IAR PIC , Try to use IAR ARM ! IT will be Easier for you!
Keil is also a good choose!

SuperUser

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks Cortex!
I found some ARM compilers benchmarks. It seems that Keil and IAR achieve similar results of code size and speed optimizations.
I have worked with IAR for Renesas H8 microcontrollers and it would be easier for me to use IAR for ARM's. But I saw that Keil has RTOS included in the package and they have libraries for TCP/IP and file systems.
What do you think, what is better, to use Keil with its RTOS and TCP/IP or to use IAR with third-party RTOS & TCP/IP stack (for example uCOS-II + lwIP)?

ashad,
i think same you Keil is good and admire popular.

Hi, super user!

The answer is no so simple. There is many conditions, which must be consider before choose:
- your budjet :D If you have ability to obtain Keil - it's a best compiler just because Keil is an ARM company and uses ARM compiler
- debuging tools - there is a wide possibilities, from $5 to $2000 and differences between tools is same.
- you need legal or cracked development?
- your experience

If you try to answer to this questios may be I will tri to answer to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back