Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to work in: RF MEMS or RF IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektrotechnik33

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to ask for your opinions about the future research work between RF MEMS and RF IC, which one has brighter future and opportunity in getting job. What is the advantage and disadvantage between them?

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Re: RF MEMS vs RF IC

Hello,

I think RF MEMS going to be bigger oppurtunity, and may not be comparable as of nowto RFIC design & applications....

But who ever knows this RFMEMS technology, they will be having very good future....

Find attached document on the future of RFMEMS "RF MEMS applications, markets and industry"

---manju---

Added after 49 minutes:

Oops!!! forgot the link...here you go...

www.mimosa-fp6.com/fileadmin/ pdf/WS_ESSDERC/P12_Panel_Bouchaud.pdf

---manju---

Thanks a lot for your reply, I appriciate this much. So, I need more comments on the future of RF MEMS and RF IC based on CMOS/BiCMOS technologies. Any comments are welcome.

Hi,
about advantage and disadvantage between them:
they are two different area, so you can't compare between them.
most of the RF MEMS subjects refers to passive devices, while most of RFIC is active devices.

about future vision, in my opinion any radio device should include RFIC chip, it may be without a RF-MEMS device, the RF-MEMS devices will improve overall performance but it won't be a stand alone in a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back