Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to find some datasheet of unique ICs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buenos

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

Sometimes I search for datasheets or manuals of some ICs, but I find only 2page-product briefs, or nothing. Sometimes the search engines of the companie's websites found nothing.

Why the semiconductor manufacturer companies fear to provide information on their (best) products?

Examples:
TI: OMAP3430, Nvidia VGA/TFT chips, SIS: SIS302LV, Philips: SAA6734...

If I want to design a hardware with a chip like those, what can I do to obtain information?
I cannot design a chip into my PCB (into our product) without any detailed information. (how the chip works, signal levels, footprint...)
I can't even chose between 2 manufacturers product, without detailed information.

undercover ICs

It is for comercial purpouses.
They sell courses.
You are lucky of know this forum, here you can ask information for your proyects and answears for your doubts.

Re: undercover ICs

They sell courses.

you mean, we have to enroll to some course get more info? isn't there any other way to gather info? beside here of course...
does anyone the site to free datasheets?
thanks

undercover ICs

Well i believe those companies dont want you to know how to use that IC, cimply because its for them only, company secret, its not intended for consumers, just for that card, or for that manufacturer only

undercover ICs

I don't think so. The OMAP processor from the TI is for PDAs, and mobile phones. As I know, the TI doesn't manufacture PDAs, and cellphones.

Or, If you are in right, then we can not obtain parts too. Even if we want to pay for that.

If I would ask for manual at the distributor? Or should I write for a customer support? (I interested in VGA/TFT video chips. these are also top secret chips)

Companies that design ICs such as these don't dissemenate specifications and design information to just anybody.

If you are designing a product with one of these complex components, the manufacturer must be willing to support that product throughout the design process and beyond. They couldn't concievably offer this support to any "joe schmoe" who is designing a board in his garage.

undercover ICs

ok. thx.
but what if I am at a company, and our product would be manufactured in a 10 000 piece volume?

Just ask the semiconductor manufacturer or your distributor and describe them your project. Usually you'll get the detailed datasheets after your company has signed a NDA.

Mik

NDA stands for non disclosure agreement. Sometimes the company continually makes revisions to the IC and they do not want the legal liability of the latest revision not meeting some parameter stated in an old detailed data sheet.

undercover ICs

I still dont understand this NDA game . I can easely establish a company or use one of my friend then ask them for DS after NDA has signed - distributors re interrested in sales and wont go into much details about company origins . And who can give a warranty for conf info leak protection ?
And after all - why ?
Is this same security game as played by some politicians ? Or dont they want to have a disclosed numerous design faults of new products when reality is matched against datasheet parameters - so nobody refer to ds as it is prohibited to disclose?

NDAs are serious legal agreements with economic consequences. The party disclosing the information does a search at the government agency data base to insure that the other people are from a legitimate business. They probably do a search at credit rating agencies to see if the other party has assets that can be obtained in a court proceeding for not abiding by the NDA.

These things are serious very much like joining the military and then deciding to quit on your own. You end up in prison for such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back