Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where to download redhat 7.2 linux for ix86

Status
Not open for further replies.

peen1

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
download redhat 7.2 iso

Guys,
Can you give me a webiste where I could download linux 7.2.

Also what is the difference between 7.2 and 7.3

Would you recomend 7.3 for synopsys tools?

There was an issue with the linux not detecteing SATA hard disk I have a new computer. How can I solve this issue with the 7.2

Many thanks

red hat 7.2 download

If you're using STAT, you're better off using RHEL 3.0. One of the latest updates.

download redhat 7.2

This is an old redhat linux version,may be you can get from some site,but this will not support your new hardware.
So, i suggest that you use the redhat Enterprise 3.0.

sata driver for linux redhat 7.2

synopsys AE only support redhat 7.2 ..but hspice
can work on redhat 8~9

aditspice work on redhat 8 , but 9 fail ..

laker redhat 8 ok .

a series proble is , new syopsys tools if you use new install tool , will need new Glibc on redhat .
and redhat 8 /9 will fail on start license daemon .

use redhat Enterprise or centOS is good idea
and don't use SATA HD
and don't use IDE(parallel) raid ..

I take much more compile driver for redhat

by the way , don't use Gbit ethernet . redhat 8/9
can not get correct lan driver .

to sum up , if want to use redhat 7.x for EDA
not recomment use scsi / IDE-raid /
don't use SATA
and don't use all in one motherboard , my motherboard on board with Gbit ethernet + 1394 + USB2 + adaptec SCSI chip ..
but when I setup redhat 7~ 9 ... IRQ have problem .. when I setup linux ok , find USB fail
or SCSI fail ..

finally I disable 1394 chip .

linux redhat 7.2 iso images

RedHat downloadable ISO images are available from RedHat FTP site. A handfull of mirrors also exists.

But I warn you about one thing, before downloading the ISO images always download the MD5 checksum of the image and do compare with it after download. I myself had a history of downloading all the 4 (or may be 5) CD set RedHat ISOs and getting all of them corrupt. So otherwise you know what you are doing don't try to download it. Try to get a CD set from your friends or buy it.

Actually most of the LINUX EDA softwares (Eg: XILINX WebPack) are based on old RedHat versions (you should know they don't provide anything other than server editions recently). I prefer to keep a small seperate installation of RedHat version for these softwares, because I my self use Debian.

Status
Not open for further replies.