Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy a large touchscreen+display kit for < $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

detoknight

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I building a touchscreen keyboard for PC. For that I need the cheapest available multitouch touchscreen + graphical display combo. Screen Size around 10 inches
Please suggest me a model, which I can order online.
I have been looking everywhere but the ones I find are expensive and come with features I don't need.
Thanks.

I building a touchscreen keyboard for PC. For that I need the cheapest available multitouch touchscreen + graphical display combo. Screen Size around 10 inches
Please suggest me a model, which I can order online.
I have been looking everywhere but the ones I find are expensive and come with features I don't need.

What are the required features?

Resolution, Interface, etc?

BigDog

I'm not specific on screen resolution. cheapest money can buy. All it needs to have is a display, a multi touch screen, allowing 2 way serial communication via USB or Bluetooth. Any method is OK.

---------- Post added at 01:29 ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 ----------

I liked Arduino playground - SmartGPU ---its just a resistive touch screen and only 2.4" but I liked the concept.
It is an arduino shield...It had an sd card slot and after importing libraries, its really simple code on arduino.

I need, Something like that, only bigger( 10" or 7") and maybe multi touch.
I have looked around in 3m, etc...but they are expensive...around 800$....
Is it because of the multi touch thing...I may as well buy a tablet/ipad for that kind of price.

Status
Not open for further replies.