Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where has all e-nics companies gone ? I am very upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameen01

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Four years back, there was a huge discussion in internet about top branches in engineering. everyone suggested electonics & communication as the top leading branch. Bunch of appreciations and lots of hope . many professionals even said that we have huge scope for E&C.

But now when my engineering has completed, i could not even find a single proper job. Every company wants C++ , java , etc etc

Althrough having huge interest in electronics and comm , i am feeling sad after trying to find some opportunity in this field and getting ABSOLUTELY no results. Many of my friends moved forward for other fields ( java, etc ) but i am eagerly looking forward for a position in R&D, but i dont find any light.

you cant expect to get a job of your liking the moment you get a degree in hand.. there are thousands of graduates in this country every year...
you have to be exceptional good to get campus recruited or have a talent to get the job of liking in any company with your knowledge...
everyone is not born with a silverspoon in their mouth... most of the engineers are strugglers.. even today all the branches of engineering have equal oppurtunities... it depends how it is grabbed....

I know, But i am talking about the opportunities here. The students from other branches are forced to go with software field althrough their profession is something else. The question on whether we have the skills to get into a job comes secondary, what comes first is the oppurtunity.

there are many oppurtunities for electronics R&D but most of them are in smaller companies and MNC's dont take freshers in R&D group, as freshers are not capable of delivering to the company.. you should have lot of experience in the field of R&D. the concept of R&D is completely misunderstood by students...

may i know what is your understanding of R&D.. so that i can give you correct suggestion...

R&D here i meant was in development fields. Where we get an oppurtunity to show our skills. We can prove ourselfs to the maximum. work on projects and handle them with the maximum efforts. We will also gain extensive knowledge.

If no company give oppurtunity for freshers, then from where shall we have to bring experience( obviously small companies ,but nowadays they also dont give any )........I could not find any in past 3 months( i would be thankful to you if you can refer me even a single small company in bangalore ). whatever opening i have seen is only for C++, dot net, php, java, etc etc......

maybe this is what everybody thinks that if no one gets job then from where they get experience... R&D jobs are never offered to freshers as they dont have enough knowledge inthis field. and there is no pure R&D, it has to be in some field of embedded system.
people need minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience to be considered in the field of hardcore R&D. other wise there is nothing called R&D in any field.. i tell you with this myexperience of 12 years. You only join in this field as a trainee engineer. you get to know the difference between theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge. then you realise that freshers assumption of showing talent and skills are just nothing but a assumption of freshers.. it may be harsh to hear, but unless you come to reality, imagination and assumption will dig the grave for career.. People dont prefer R&D as the electronics field offers very low and poor salary for any freshers.....

Well, i believe ckshivaram , althrough not harsh, your words are meaningful and i accept it to be a fact. But if not in R&D, atleast any other position . For my bad luck i hv not even found any position for a trainee also.

I'm from Mysore

I am a final year ECE student with somewhat similar ideas of ameen. I have got a job in an IT company on campus. Although I don't know much, I feel I must work for a core embedded/electronics organization.Please suggest me if there is a scope to migrate into embedded projects after two years of work in an IT company? or would my interest in electronics be ruined as I go along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back