Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where do I start to study Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTFS

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How I get start Linux?

hi

I want to learn linux as my main OS ( instead Windows ).

Today I install it ( fedora version ) but I don't know any thing about linux, how can I start to learn it good.

Do you know a straight forward book ( or ebook as well ) to suggest me that it is good to begin linux?

Thanks.

( my log in name is NTFS, but now I preferd a linux name).

Re: How I get start Linux?

Check this

Primitive Steps regarding learning linux:
1. Completely shifting to linux without proper plan is a very brave decision, so first
make a plan about:
(a). Alternatives to the Softwares you enjoy under the OLD OS, under Linux.
(b). Hardware Installation under Linux. e.g. Modems,Printers, Scanners etc.

2. Take it easy and slow while learning Linux.
3. Majority of online help comes from the "Manual Pages or Info Pages" that you can find
in your Linux OS.
4. It would be a good idea to keep OLD OS in hand, continue your regular routine works under the
OLD OS and keep finding ways to do it under Linux OS.
5. Establish a way out to Internet in order to get online help regarding Linux from the
Linux OS.

How I get start Linux?

Dude NTFS its very brave of u to shift to linux....but i would suggest that u make ur system a dual os system.......then if u have a problem with linux then u can directly shift to the other one for ne important work.....if u want i canm give u the ways how to make ur system a dual os system.....

How I get start Linux?

HI
i should congratulate you for your decision about linux but i'm going to request u to have a dual os system. when u think u have mastered it then go for the single os system but dual os system is better for newby. anyway, i'm suggesting you the book "Linux Bible". the ebook version is also available in the net. i think it would help you.

Hi

Just like to add a comment, before installing try a livecd version first. Manya releases hae both versions, istall and live. This way you can check for any hardware problems and also check if you like the distro.

https://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php

Cl

the best way to learn fedora linux is have a good ebook like "sams fedora 4 unleashed"...i downloaded the ebook thru morpheus...u can use anything like morpheus,aries,emule,kaaza,imesh or torrents...
wen u get the ebook, it might b n .chm format so go for the pdf version or have a
software for chm to pdf conversion as fedora does not have any builtin software for opening .chm files...

hi
start by optaining the RHCE curricula and start your journey fromthere since its the best .

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.