Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I learn electrical engineering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XSource

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm not talking about a school. I've looked around the forums a bit and I haven't seen anyone really ask anything like this, although I could have missed it. I've taken an intro course to EE at the undergraduate level. I enjoyed it, but I didn't learn much nor did I learn it particularly well. Does anyone know how I could go about learning more electrical engineering without having to attend classes at a college/university?

You can easily learn "electronics" at home. Buy a cheap used oscilloscope and some power supply and start designing circuits! Learn about transistors, op amps, microprocessors, etc.

But, that is not going to make you an "electrical engineer". It is very difficult to be employed as one unless you have a 4 year degree saying you are one.

I will note that some topics do have online (free) classes online. MIT has quite a few online lectures, stanford has a few as well.

you can also look at university classes to see what subjects people take. It might help if you have some general focus.

application notes from vendors can be very helpful as well. But in general these are targeted towards people with a general background in electronics -- typically including control theory, signals and systems, basic communications, basic digital systems, ect...

the lectures are actual classes, and as such assume some background in whatever pre-req's are applicable.

You can take online classes, read book and try out ur hand at some lab works at home but if you are thinking of getting employed through it then it is very difficult without a 4 years techinical degree from a university saying you a electrical engineer

Do some hands-on....
You will learn a lot more this way.

Best Regards,
Siong Boon

MODERATOR - SIGNATURE LINKS ARE NOT ALLOWED

Hey dude...........

Here is the link.........where you can find lectures on almost any topic, of any field.............

its really very help, i am also studying Netwoks n Systems lectures...........

www.freevideolectures.com

hope you will find it useful........
Thanking you..
Nikhil..

XSource said:
I'm not talking about a school. I've looked around the forums a bit and I haven't seen anyone really ask anything like this, although I could have missed it. I've taken an intro course to EE at the undergraduate level. I enjoyed it, but I didn't learn much nor did I learn it particularly well. Does anyone know how I could go about learning more electrical engineering without having to attend classes at a college/university?

from which country u r??

it depends on what exactly you want ...

JOB : getting a job without a 4 year RELATED degree (like computer IT ... ) would be so hard but it makes you a great useful engineer if you want to learn EE when you have related degrees to.

LEARNING: usually people who are interested in engineering courses are MORE interested in REAL world not only the theory and the books. and believe me in EE, it is really hard to learn all the stuff in the books alone without experiencing REAL stuff. (it's even hard when you have a professor and so many classmates too !!) and for this case i think it's better to have a REAL oriented program, you can start from a very simple project (turning an LED on!!) and when you feel that you can develop the project (turning all the LEDs on!!) you can take the next step!! and during this projects you will have to learn from the books AND the forums. (keep in touch with people, these days it's absolutely impossible to learn alone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back